Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Best Price - SKIL 4395-01 5.5 Amp Orbital Jig Saw

Product Description

114-4395-01 Features: -4 position orbital cut control for fast or smooth cuts.-On tool blade storage keeps blades handy when needed.-Skil stable foot design for more controlled starts.-Tool-less blade change for quick easy blade changes.-Tool-less foot adjustments for easy angle changes.-Stroke : 13/16 in.-Amps: 5.50 A.-Cycle Rate: 3200 strokes/min [Max].-Cutting Cap. 2: 1 3/8 in (Hardwoods), 1/2 in (Aluminum), 2 1/4 in (Soft Wood).-Control Type: 2-Finger Trigger.-Bevel Cap.: 45 [Max].-Cord : 6 ft.-Handle Type: Soft Grip. Includes: -Includes: Carrying Bag, (2) U-Shank Blades (1-Multi purpose 1-Scrolling). Specifications: -Voltage: 120.00 V.


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #3082 in Home Improvement
  • Size: full size
  • Color: red
  • Brand: Skil
  • Model: 4395-01
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 9.25" h x12.75" w x3.50" l,5.00 pounds

Features

  • Powerful 5.5-Amp motor
  • Skil stable foot design-for more controlled starts
  • 4-Position orbital cut control for fast or smooth cuts
  • Tool-less blade change for quick and easy blade changes
  • Tool-less foot adjustment for easy angle changes

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
5Great value without any concessions
By Rusty
I wasn't sure if I should get this SKIL saw or a more expensive model/brand. In the end, I chose this one and I couldn't be happier. Pair this saw with a good set of blades and you'll be happy too!

I'm not a professional carpenter so I can't speak to rigorous use, but for the hobbyist or DIY'er, you can't go wrong with this saw. I've used it to cut plywood, cardboard, pressboard, 2x4's, and a variety of hardwoods. It's sliced through them like a warm knife in butter.

13 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
4Great construction; I keep going back to Skil
By likeadeere
The price point for any Skil brand tool is always significantly less than the popular brands. Although the worm-drive saws are usually at the top for quality and price. Usually when I'm purchasing tools, the price I'll pay should directly effect how much I will be using the tool. A jigsaw is a must for certain tasks, but it's not going to be a daily/weekly user. This Skil jigsaw is very well built, and it has handled the jobs that I have asked. I'm very impressed, I will keep going back to Skil for most of my tool needs.

Update 4/1/13
After using the Skil jigsaw for this long I've lowered my rating to a 4 star.

I really like this Amazon review system, I get constant feedback from my reviews and I am shown when someone finds my reviews helpful. I guess I feel a little more responsible for what I say and after much use of the jig saw I can't give it a 5 star.

I've been cutting a lot of pressure treated lumber, composite decking, and some sheet steel. I finished my 500 square foot deck finally, thanks to the jigsaw. It is a necessity when making cuts on a deck like this. Don't get me wrong, I still like the saw, and I'd probably buy it again. But there are 2 noticeable things about the design that I would like to bring to the attention of those buying.

Laser line: I would never trust where a laser line tells me to cut, I have one on my miter saw. But it's a nice reference especially when making compound miter cuts. I watch where the blade IS. The line is a good 1/8" off of where my blade is - that's unacceptable.

The working platform is constantly coming loose. I have tightened it and tightened it, but after a cut, with all the vibration - it comes loose and I can't get it to stay put. I'll be cutting and it vibrates itself out and my blade will start to angle cut. I hate that. And I can't get it any tighter.

Those are some flaws I have found. However I still like it, based on value.

10 of 11 people found the following review helpful.
3Skil 4395-01 5.5 Amp Orbital Jig Saw
By dfischer
I would rate this jig saw as average. Skil's quality seems to be deteriorating somewhat from previous units I have owned. The little plastic drawer that holds blades is very cheap and mine was so warped that it does not easily open and close, so when you force it open you end up with blades all over the place.

The unit is a little heavy in my opinion, but that is not all bad. It runs smoothly and cuts well. The cord could be a little longer too, but I use it with an extension cord most of the time, so that works out ok. It is fairly quiet. It came in a nylon "case" for storage which is a nice feature but I could do without it. The case is small, so you have to take the blade out of the unit before storing. That is just one more step to take care of and I usually just put mine on the shelf with the blade in it. May not be the safest thing to do, but I am the only one in my shop and I tend to use the same blade on task after task, so taking it out means I just have to put it back in the next time I want to do a quick cut. Too many steps for lazy people!

Overall, I am happy, but it is not as high a quality as I had expected. That does not mean it is a bad unit or poor quality.


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment