Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Best Price - DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake

Product Description

View larger

Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #610 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: DEWALT
  • Model: DWE575SB
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 10.50" h x10.13" w x16.25" l,10.54 pounds

Features

  • Lightweight and compact 8.8-Pound
  • Electric Brake
  • Patented 15-Amp motor
  • 57-Degree beveling capacity with positive stops at 45-Degree and 22.5-Degree
  • Integrated Dust blower

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

32 of 35 people found the following review helpful.
5One Fine Saw
By JUST-JIM
I spent over a week checking all the circular saws that Amazon had to offer, and reading all the pertinent reviews. I decided on the DWE575SB since it had the electric brake and was only 8.8 pounds. This was one of the lightest saws around. It comes with the tool bag, a plastic blade carry and an on-saw blade wrench. Fit and finish is excellent and it is definately lightweight. Its easy to handle and blade change is a snap with the arbor lock lever. It cuts straight as an arrow and the manual is no longer a map style, but a booklet. The 18 tooth blade it comes with is fine for rough work. I have ordered the Dewalt 36 tooth thin kerf blade which I feel will allow me to cut the oak plywood that I need for my furniture without any splintering. So far with this blade, Ive cut PT 2x's, regular 2x's, MDF, and particle board in my one day testing and had no problems. As soon as I receive the 36 tooth blade I'll update my review cutting the oak plywood and oak 1x6's. So far, I dont think I could have picked a better circular saw for my usage.

Update 11/17: Ripped a few pieces of oak plywood and the saw performed flawlessly. There was a slight amount of splintering but nothing that some finish sanding wont take care of. I am going to also purchase a 100 or 60 tooth blade and that should take care of any splintering. Well satisfied with the saw.DEWALT DW3176 Construction Series 7-1/4-Inch 36-Tooth Thin Kerf Finishing Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Diamond Knockout Arbor

27 of 29 people found the following review helpful.
5My First Saw... advice from a newbie!
By GhostFaceReviewer
This is my first so I have no experience and nothing to compare it to. However, I can't imagine why anyone would choose one without the electric brake. Currently, the DWE575SB is only $10 more than the DWE575 and absolutely worth it. Power tools, especially saws, are dangerous and the sooner you can have the blade stop, the better. Finished my first project today, just a basic stand, and the cutting was smooth. I ordered a Diablo 60t blade, but they're backorderd, so I got a Dewalt 60t. Your saw will come with a 18t blade. If you need fine smooth cuts, buy a blade with more teeth, 60t was fine for me. Once again, I just love how once I'm done cutting, the blades will stop spinning almost immediately. I watch a lot of youtube videos and I see people waiting for the blade to stop. The SB edition is totally worth it! I use this saw in conjunction with the Kreg KMA2600 Square-Cut, a tool that is invaluable. Lastly, I chose this saw because of the weight. It's considered the lightest in the market. Still feels heavy to me, so if you're a person of smaller stature like me, you should definitely get this saw. It will still feel heavy to you, so imagine what other saws will feel like.

Make sure you clamp your workpiece. I use a Rockwell Jawhorse. I'm a newbie I did so much reading and preparation. My advice to beginners is read the circular saw manual, watch youtube videos about kickbacks, buy all the necessary accessories like sawhorses, goggles, earplugs, clamps, etc. and just be prepared. Search youtube for circular saw accident videos as well, they will sober you up. It will scare the crap out of you, which is a good thing because then you're not going to rush through things. Being scared will force you to do everything right. Will force you to read the manual and understand and be aware of all the dangers. Once you're educated and get through your first project, the circular saw won't be so intimidating. You'll be searching for more projects!

Lastly, I was pleasantly surprised that a nice Dewalt carrying bag was included. A reviewer for the DWE575 said there was no carrying case in his list of cons. The word "case" and "bag" are often used interchangeably, so I'm not sure if he got a bag and wanted a hard case, or if he got nothing. I'm thinking the DWE575 doesn't come with anything otherwise, he would have mentioned the carrying "bag." Point is for $10 more, you're getting the carrying bag and the electric brake feature. It's a no brainer!

This is not a verified purchase review because I got mine at Lowes.

8 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
5Extremely Well Made and Efficient Circular Saw
By Brother Randahl
I have had several circular saws, all 7 1/4 except for a Dewalt 8 1/4 some years back. I purchased this saw because I wanted an electric brake to stop the blade faster. I believe that is a verrrry good safety feature and saves time over the long run. This saw is very sturdy, very well balanced, very powerful, excellent shoe plate, and various access levers to make needed adjustments. It is also, noticeably quieter than my previous saw. It also has an extra long cord, which is verrrrrrrry nice....It is smaller than I thought it would be, but that makes it compact and as, I said, above, very well balanced. The only thing it does not have is a safety lock on the switch. Most of the saws I have had have had that device, and while it is something extra to actuate, it also protects against accidental activation of the switch. Now, there must be a reason that Dewalt chose to do it this way. Its not a major item, as it just takes some getting use to. I have had times when the safety device on other saws was somewhat of a hinder, actually, because, at times, I was in an awkward position and unlocking the safety lock and activating the switch at the same time was a bit difficult. That is not often, but it can happen. Whatever the case, I am extremely pleased with the saw. I do all my work from a wheel chair, so the lighter weight helps as I do not have the physical strength I once had. All in all, this is a 5 star saw and I do not give out 5 stars in hardly any of these reviews. So, if you are looking for a very solid, well balanced, saw with all the trimmings, this one would be a very fine choice. It does cost more than a simple circular saw, but I believe it is worth it, especially in view of the quality and electric brake. SHALOM.....Brother Randahl


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment