
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #286 in Home Improvement
- Brand: Black & Decker
- Model: JS660
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.69" h x4.88" w x13.13" l,1.00 pounds
Features
- SmartSelect technology automatically sets the jigsaw to optimize any cutting application
- Variable speed dial provides seven speed settings (800 to 3,000 rpm)
- Cuts wood, metal, and plastic, makes straight and curved cuts
- Powerful 5 amp motor, tool-free blade changes
- 2-year limited warranty, includes one blade

Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
66 of 70 people found the following review helpful.
reasonable value
By Flatfive
I have used mine a lot over the past two years for guitar building,
making straight and curved cuts in many kinds of wood.
pros:
- gets the job done
- handy compartment for blades
- reliable (for me, at least)
cons:
- base angle setting adjustment is crude
- smart select dial is confusing
I see lots of complaints about this saw being unable to cut straight.
This problem will depend a lot on wood type, thickness,
whether going across or with the grain, technique, sharpness of your
blade, and whether trying to follow a curved or straight line. If you
have a not-so-sharp blade and try to push the saw harder than it
likes along the grain on thick or hard wood, it will be hard to
control the cut. The 'smart select' dial is confusing because,
from the pictures printed on the saw itself, it's often hard to
know what setting to use.
71 of 78 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent DIY'er jigsaw.
By PenName
I've use this for a week doing tons of home improvement projects. It won't be used that often once everything's done, so I wanted a decent quality saw at the lowest price possible. I believe ratings should not compare cadillacs to neon's even though they're both cars. This mid-low priced jigsaw has cut holes in 1/2" pine wood like butter...get the right blades for every tool/project! At this time the saw only came with a metal cutting blade so spent a couple bucks on a good wood blade. It's also cut 3" PVC pipe (while rotating it). I'm a home DIY'er so maybe all jigsaw's only cut to a 3/4" depth, but I do wish they'd cut deeper, seems a waste of blade length. I cut the legs off some too-high bar stools by holding the stool with a knee and chest. Likely improper, but it buzzed through the legs on the straight line. Since I'm not a pro, I do not try to rush cuts and maybe that's the difference in cutting a straight line with this jig.
Of course on softer drop ceiling tiles it was a dream. They've always fit too tight and chipped away at a bunch of things with a razor knife before buying this jig, what a difference that made! I've done more jobs and you don't have to select a speed for the job obviously. If you want higher speed and the picture suggests lower, just turn up the dial anyway. It's also very comfortable in my hand. There shouldn't be many home improvement projects for the average person that this jig can't handle imo. The strokes per minute range is 800-3,000 which has been plenty of power that's spared my arm manually sawing, and within it's class of jigsaws, I give it 5 stars.
33 of 38 people found the following review helpful.
Great jigsaw for the money
By E. Torrance
I have read the many reviews on here about this saw, I myself am impressed with this saw it does have a slight bit of blade drift for say a few degrees, just like anything learn the tool then you can cut straight or straight enough!!!! If it is precision you need then use a skill saw or mitre saw, jig saws are intended for shorter cuts and scrolling cuts not acurate straight long cuts.
With that all said I realize that you can spend the money and get one that will cut almost straight and perfect just like anything else. For 40 dollars people are too picky I cross cut a 2 X 4 in half and the cut was perfect vertically and was able to cut straight with it so i know that on 3/4 boards it would do even better!!!I used a real good quality bosch blade. To sum it all up I think it is a great little jig saw and seem to be well built ((remember black and decker is associated with dewalt)) so it cant be that bad.
Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment