Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Best Price - DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System

Product Description

View larger

Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #1427 in Home Improvement
  • Size: 1
  • Brand: DEWALT
  • Model: DWE7480
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 13.88" h x26.50" w x25.75" l,

Features

  • Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
  • 24-1/2" of rip easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials
  • 15 Amp, 4800 rpm motor
  • Metal roll cage base offers greater durability than plastic bases
  • Weighing only 45 lbs., can easily be moved on and off the job

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

54 of 55 people found the following review helpful.
4A worthy successor to the DW745
By W. B. Halper
The DeWalt DW745 is a well respected job site table saw. It's been used for years by tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of builders, homeowners and carpenters. This saw is the replacement for the DW745. I've had it for about a week, but that's enough time to form a pretty good impression of what's good and what's not...and generally it's very good.

Unboxing and setup - Simple and straightforward. The saw is in molded Styrofoam, like a printer. The Styrofoam was crushed a bit in transit, obviously protecting the saw from some bumping around, but the saw and accessories were undamaged. Setup only took about ten minutes, with reading the manual taking most of that time. (Tip: the locking knob for the riving knife needs to be unscrewed three turns and then pushed in before you can slide the riving knife to the through-cut position. I missed that when I first read the manual and was getting really annoyed when the knife wouldn't move...) Assembly is basically just moving the parts to the right spot. The saw is aligned at the factory and mine held the alignment in transit.

Riving Knife and Saw Blade - The stock saw blade is a cheap 24 tooth 10" construction-quality ripping blade. It's nothing fancy, lacking laser-cut anti-resonance slits and having small carbide teeth. I've been cutting maple plywood without any tearout, but the blade is brand-new and still factory sharp...it's a tosser once it gets dull. The cuts are okay, but not what you'll get from a high-quality precision blade. The stock riving knife requires a blade with a minimum kerf of 0.94". That's a problem with many aftermarket blades. Freud Diablo and Irwin Marples blades have a 0.98" kerf and are fine, but their industrial thin-kerf blades have a 0.91" kerf and won't work...make sure you check before buying different blade. There's also an optional thicker riving knife, if you want to use a full-kerf blade, but I generally don't recommend that in a portable saw.

Dust Port - The blade housing has an aluminum dust port at the lower back that fits a standard 2-1/2" shop-vac hose. It works pretty well to catch most of the saw dust.

Miter Gauge - The miter gauge is an absolute joke. The protractor part is ABS plastic. There are no detents, so you're guessing when it's set at 90 degrees...to say nothing of any other angle. The pointer sits far above the scale, so parallax adds additional error. It couldn't have cost more than 25 cents to manufacture and it shows. Just plan on buying something that works (Incra makes good ones). Keep the aluminum bar to make some jig and toss the rest.

Fence - Adjusts easily and locks in place without slipping. It can extend out to 24-1/2", so you can rip a sheet of ply down the middle lengthwise.

Tool Storage and portability - All of the pieces clip onto the body of the saw, leaving a flat top. You can store it on it's side, tucked against something without fear of damaging the fence or plastic blade shield. The saw is protected by a steel roll cage. You can still damage it, but it'll take a bit of work. There are two hand-hold grips on either side of the cast aluminum table. It's well balanced when you pick it up.

So...if it wasn't for that stupid miter gauge and cheap blade, I'd give this a solid five stars. Like all direct-drive saws, it's loud, but it's cut everything I've tossed at it without complaining. I really enjoy owing it and expect it to last for many years of hard use. You can't ask for much more.

17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
5Right price, right size, right weight, right accessories
By Mark
I purchased this saw for my son in law who is an apprentice carpenter. It is not the most expensive nor is it the least , but it is working for him in every day use and he loves it. As I am writing this he is sitting with me. I asked him to give me a few things that he likes and is there any down side. He told me the following: "The fence measures accurately it... is light and easy to move to and from the job site...it has all the power he needs to rip what ever he needs to rip... it is easy to replace the blade . Beginning to use it is easy and very intuitive." He said and I quote "I think it is awesome and I think it is the prefect saw." . As the purchaser I have a dewalt circular saw and I love it.
The circular saw is is a great piece of machinery and I knew this table saw would be as well. The only down side is that if you want to rip a 48# piece of plywood you have to move the rip fence. But even that is easy to do .
So...right price, right size, right weight, right accessories. You will not be disappointed.

11 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
4Dewalt Quality, Good price
By ZenReader
You pay a price for the Dewalt name but you get well made product. I replaced a 20 year old Craftsman table saw which continued to work while parts fell off of it. I found this saw to have the build quality that I expect to last for many years. Despite its "job site" name this is not a light weight. You definitely know your lifting and transporting it. The fence adjustment is excellent. The precision is well within what I need using the fence readout system. The outer tube frame makes it easy to grab and move. I'd give it 5 stars but for the price. If you buy and keep your tools along time, this is a good one.


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment