Monday, February 3, 2014

Best Price - 3/8" Closed Cell Backer Rod - 100 ft Roll

Product Description

CRL Closed Cell Backer Rod is a round, flexible, closed cell polyethylene foam with an exterior "skin" used as a backing and thickness control device for elastomeric and other cold-applied sealants. The backer rod becomes an integral part of the joint into which it is installed and therefore is available in a range of diameters to accommodate joints from 3/16 inch to 1-5/8 inch. It limits the depth of the sealant, therefore preventing excessive use of sealants. Because the sealant will not bond to the "skin" of the rod, it can stretch and recover with joint movement, with minimal stress being put on the points of adhesion to the substrate


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #19923 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: C.R. Laurence

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
3Good Backer Rod
By Matt
This is great for concrete and other applications. My only complaint is that it's advertised as 100 ft Roll and did not come in a roll. Rather, it comes all bunched up in a box. A roll, as pictured, would make both application and storage of leftovers easier.

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
5Product worked perfectly
By Slowalkintexan
Product was exactly what I needed for what I needed it for. A on typical use, however, it worked great.

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
4Punch a hole in the box...
By Joel Denney
...large enough to be able to pull knots and tangles through (1" or so), since - as everyone notes - it doesn't come on a spool as pictured. But just take it out of the box and find the right end to push through the hole you made. (I.e. if it *were* on a spool, the end you'd use first. Is that the Beginning or the End? And who cares?). Then, obviously, carefully cram it back in the box so it's coming off the top of the pile.

I've only had a couple tangles/knots. No big deal. (The box might even be better than a spool, since it's not going to run off).

What I don't yet know (and why I only "Like" it, not "Love" it) is how resistant it's going to be against grass and weeds growing through it, now that I've found a caulk that resists that junk (I hope, though only time will tell - which is why I'm not naming the caulk... yet)


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment