Monday, February 10, 2014

Best Price - Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch Brad Nailer

Product Description

Hitachi NT50AE2 2-Inch 18-Gauge Finish Nailer with Case


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #2274 in Home Improvement
  • Size: 1
  • Brand: Hitachi
  • Model: NT50AE2
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 10.00" h x4.00" w x.0" l,

Features

  • Pneumatic finish nailer accepts 5/8- to 2-inch 18-gauge brad nails
  • Depth of drive dial for a professional finish
  • Quick and simple nail jam extraction
  • Includes safety glasses, air fitting, hex bar wrenches, carrying case, no-mar tip
  • Measures 10-inches by 9.25 inches (LxH); lightweight and well-balanced at 2.2 pounds

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

79 of 81 people found the following review helpful.
5Excellent Tool
By Josephine J. Willard
This is one of the best tools I have ever had. Operates flawlessly every time. I use Bostich nails/brads because they are easier to find (all sizes up to 2") and the nailer works perfectly. The "height" adjustment is easy. The "jam release" mechanism is great - but the tool has never jammed. Excellent Product! James Willard

76 of 79 people found the following review helpful.
4This nailer gets into tighter spots than other models...
By A. Tubesing
The one thing that swayed me to this model was definitely a key advantage. With this nailer, the safety slide peg is mounted behind the nail channel, which means you can get nails into tighter spots with this model than you can with others. The Bostich and others have the slide out in front of the nail channel which means the brad comes out about a quarter inch back from the forward-most part of the tool tip. With this Hitachi the brad comes out at the very front, which is very nice when putting nails in tight corners.

This tool is so handy and does such a nice job, I wonder what would ever make me buy a finish nailer. I'm pretty sure this brad nailer would do those jobs for me too.

Three minor disadvantages drop this to a 4-star rating (reallly 4.5), but it's not because I think there's a better one out there, it's just that there's room for improvement.

1. It's not oil-free. Not a big deal but it would be nicer to not have to bother with oil.
2. The lightest (shallowest) nail depth setting is still a little too powerful. With short brads in soft material many were penetrating too deep. It would be nice to be able to go a little shallower by a step or two.
3. The case is compact and handy, but there's no extra space in there to put nails or oil. Luckily they molded a spot for safety glasses (included) which I have emptied out to store my oil and a few brads there instead. I always have safety glasses with me anyway so that space is better used for nailer-specific items. There is extra volume inside there but its molded over in plastic so you can't use it. Again, nobody else seems to do a better job of this, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved.

In summary, a great tool. I can't believe I lived so long without it. A brad nailer makes many jobs much easier, allowing me to do things I couldn't do before with just two hands.

65 of 74 people found the following review helpful.
5" Outstanding Brad Nailer !! "
By M. Tiberg
This is by far the best brad nailer I have ever used in my 20 years as a trim carpenter. It is very light weight ,powerfull, and looks great too! Hitachi has always been a pro-quality grade tool and this brad nailer is a great addition to there collection of pro-quality tools.


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment