Monday, February 3, 2014

Best Price - Woodpeckers Drill Press Table

Product Description

Woodpeckers Drill Press Table features a generous 16" x 23" x 1" surface constructed of a MDF core covered with Formica Micro-Dot laminate - a unique texture which is a grid of small dimples that collect saw dust, allowing the surface to better grip the work piece under pressure. Removable insert minimizes tear-out when drilling through material without the need of a backer board and the insert can easily be replaced with any 1/2" thick material. Two double-wide T-tracks are embedded and bolted in place from underneath to virtually eliminate the possibility of pulling the track out when using optional deluxe hold down clamps (not included). Each T-track is permanently laser engraved with an easy to read, high contrast scale clearly indicating fence position. Once calibrated to your drill press, no further adjustment is needed. The 36" fence uses the same double-wide track as the table to give you more stop and accessory mounting options. The fence comes with a simple L stop, and optional flip stops can be added for increased versatility. Mounting hardware is included.


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #20336 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: Woodpeckers
  • Model: WPDPPACK1
  • Dimensions: 3.50" h x17.00" w x37.00" l,15.55 pounds

Features

  • 16" x 23" x 1" surface with MDF core
  • MicroDot laminate to better "grip" the work piece under pressure
  • Two double-wide T-Tracks are embedded and bolted in place from underneath
  • Laser engraved fence face with a center scale (zero in the center)
  • For 13" and larger drill presses

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

24 of 27 people found the following review helpful.
3Good design, but sloppy on (major) details
By D. Morris
Out of the box, the table had issues. It is not separately wrapped within, so the included clamps and hardware bags had made unsightly indentions in the perimeter edging on one side. Careless? Read on.

I have a 12" Delta, and Woodpecker says that is the minimum size the table is designed for. Problem is that perimeter edging I mentioned above must have been an afterthought, because when they routed the filler plate area and drilled the alignment hole, they did not allow for the thickness of the edging as part of the 6" you need to align this on a 12" drill press. Also, that same center point of where your drill bit should be is not aligned with the zero measurement points on the two outside t-tracks for your sliding fence. This is the worst mistake of the three mentioned.

7 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
4How did I go so long without it!
By Ellen Ferraro
I am an avid fan of Woodpecker products and so I was not disappointed when I received my new drill press table. It mounted in minutes and provided some well needed surface area, clamping, and two fence options. I also added the DP3 fence, two hold down clamps, two universal track clamps, and 4 flip stops.

I did have one suggestion. Add two more tracks closer to the work piece so clamps are more effective on smaller parts (not hard to add yourself with their available parts).

The optional DP3 fence arrived damaged. It was replaced without question. Maybe should not have left the warehouse in the first place but they made it good and I guess that is what really matters.

The entire package just drips with quality and makes drilling operations a much easier, safer, and more accurate enterprise.

Would recommend to anyone.

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
5A must for every drill press
By Eric Lundberg
This table/fence replaced my original one, a homebrew. I have a small business that requires repetitive drilling and frequent setting changes. Once the thing is installed and calibrated, you can just use and trust the markings on the fence, no need to double-check. I cut a bunch of inserts, then drilled a guide hole of each different size bit I own in the insert. I install the bit, then move my table until the bit slides easily in the hole. Then I know the table is correctly positioned, and the scales will read accurately. I like having all the different inserts ready to go so that if I have to drill through the piece, there will never be any breakouts splinters. I bought the extra high fence as an add on, which works well. The only downside is that for certain pieces of wood, the high fence is too high, and I don't trust the low fence (which is just the channel aluminum) to keep the piece from rocking. (This is the situation only for fairly small strips of wood. So I just made my own add-on that attaches easily using the track for those intermediate-sized pieces of wood. My only regret is not getting one of these fences sooner. Oh yes, it is made in the USA! 4/4/13


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment