Monday, February 10, 2014

Best Price - PORTER-CABLE PIN138 23-Gauge 1-3/8-Inch Pin Nailer


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #4990 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: PORTER-CABLE
  • Model: PIN138
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 4.00" h x11.20" w x13.50" l,2.20 pounds

Features

  • Uses 23-gauge headless and slight head pin nails from 5/8-Inch to 1-3/8-Inch length
  • Long life maintenance free motor to keep from staining the work surface
  • Includes: nailer, 2000 pin nails of 3/4-Inch, 1/4-Inch plug with cap, wrench, and carrying case
  • Consistent power and penetration to sink 1-3/8-Inch nail sub-flush into oak
  • Tool automatically adjusts for different fastener lengths for easier loading

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

27 of 27 people found the following review helpful.
5Porter-Cable PIN138
By Max
As a carpenter of 35 years experience , let me compliment Porter-Cable on one of the easiest and smaller pin nailers to use and you will fall in love with.
I own a Bostitch HP118K & Grex P635 very nice tools but with both I personal have problems with balance and the double trigger safety (not comfortable)
So if you looking for a Small easy to handle without double trigger safety problem and you have big hands consider Porter-Cable PIN138 (big hands do not buy Bostitch or Grex)
Nice spacious carrying case (if you replace with a Steel Swivel Plug will fit in a case) (do not fit in Bostitch or Grex case)
I'm using it with 1-3/8-Inch ( Senco PC1010 perfect combination) on a Brazilian Cherry job with no problems even in the hardest wood it always sinks the heads with invisible hole.
Buy $100 Porter-Cable PIN138 and you save $100 ($209 Grex P635) with a very good tool.
All my other air nailers are Bostitch.

21 of 22 people found the following review helpful.
5Another in a great series of nailers
By Dave S
I started off with a PC BN200B brad nailer and liked it well enough that I ordered a PC PIN100 pin nailer. One day a friend of mine borrowed the PIN100 and instead of returning it, just showed up with cash. He like it so much, he wouldn't give it back. As a result, I needed a new pin nailer. I ordered the PIN138 because it was a maintenance free model (my only complaint with the PIN100 is that I had to keep up with an oil bottle). I'm just as happy with the new model as I was with the old one.

It's small enough to get in most places I need to use it, gives consistent results time after time, is easy to get pin placement right where I want it, and is a good value for the money.

12 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
5Better than advertized
By Pen
This pin nailer is both easy and comfortable to work with. It is very light and appears to be constructed solidly. It is also easy to load and unload. In fact, I don't know how it could be any easier.

So far I have used this to drive pins into oak and maple, including pre-finished oak and maple. Pins up to 1-3/8 inch sink just below flush every time. When I first started using it, I had some difficulty getting pins to sink all the way. I discovered that you really have to press firmly and squarely against the work because there is a slight bit of recoil that will prevent the pin from sinking completely otherwise. Until I discovered that the problem was recoil, I kept turning the pressure up thinking that would sink the pins deeper. That, apparently, was the wrong thing to do. I have since found that reducing the pressure reduces the recoil and makes it easier to sink the pins. So far, I have had very good results using 80psi for all pin sizes. Though even lower pressures may work well for shorter pins, I haven't found the need to experiment further.

This is a very nice nailer. The magazine is long enough (130 pin capacity) to allow reloading BEFORE running dry; that's a big convenience over the Grex. It has a dry fire lockout mechanism that, from my perspective, is essential for these pinners. Without dry fire lockout, you could nail all day on "empty" and never notice.

Contrary to the specifications, this nailer seems to work fine with 1/2 inch pins. So far I have used both Grex and Porter-Cable 1/2 inch pins with no misfires. I contacted Porter-Cable and asked why they don't rate it for 1/2 inch pins and was told that they simply had not tested them. The rep told me that if 1/2 inch pins work ok, there is no problem using them.

I also asked about using oil. The rep told me that the nailer is designed to work without oil, but that using oil will not harm anything. He said that some people like to use oil anyway; there is nothing wrong with that.

Finally, the thing comes in a very nice, compact, molded case with separate indents for the nailer, a box of pins (1 inch pins included), and a comfortable pair of safety glasses (included), so nothing rattles around. It also comes with a spare plastic tip for protecting your work when driving pins.

So far, I have absolutely no complaints.


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment