Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Best Price - DEWALT DWE46170 7-Inch Surface Grinding Dust Shroud

Product Description

The DEWALT DWE46170 7-Inch Surface Grinding Dust Shroud aids in dust collection and containment by its Perform & Protect Dust Feature. The spring loaded, hinged door, provides a dust collection solution for both open area grinding and flush edge grinding. This shroud features a Universal Connector that locks onto tool with a twist and click eliminating the need for duct tape to hold the hose onto the shroud and the tool free clamp system is compatible with all DEWALT Large Angle Grinders. This unit delivers a dust shroud that will last in abusive jobsite environments and resist abrasion from debris collected. The flexible yet durable material allows the user to adjust pressure on the grinder to maintain contact on concrete surface without compromising the durability of the shroud. Using this attachment provides improved productivity when efficient dust collection system is used and helps reduce user exposure to harmful silica dust.


Product Details

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #15952 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: DEWALT
  • Model: DWE46170
  • Number of items: 1
  • Dimensions: 5.00" h x9.25" w x11.50" l,

Features

  • Spring loaded; Hinged door; Provides a dust collection solution for both open area grinding and flush edge grinding
  • Universal Connector locks onto tool with a twist and click
  • Tool free clamp system is compatible with all DEWALT Large Angle Grinders
  • Aids in dust collection and containment, a Perform & Protect Dust Feature
  • Helps reduce user exposure to harmful Silica Dust

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
3Hard to keep it on!
By Architect
The clasping ring is not sufficient. They need to improve the way it is held on the grinder so it will not pop off when bumped into a wall.

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
1Poor Quality, poor design
By John Winder
This product took over an hr to fit to the Dewalt grinder I bought. You have to use a hammer to get the ridicules rubber collar to fit, expect to have to go through that processes every time you want to use your grinder for any other purpose, ie cutting and grinding.

I bought what I expected would be a top quality product, (its one of the most expensive shrouds available)

When I finally got it fitted, it will not sit flat to the surface of the job to be ground, the hinge flap does not sit flat. The plastic looks like it has been warped in the manufacturing processes.

I live in New Zealand and bought from Amazon in the US, therefore returns are not an option for me. I will have to buy another shroud from another supplier, so this product is basically good for the garbage.

I have plenty of Dewalt equipment, all of which I am very happy with. This is a poorly designed and poorly built item that does not do the job it is made for because the gaps allow dust to escape.

I have photos but no idea how to attach to this post.

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
5dewalt shroud
By tony mazzara
the dewalt shroud is an excellent product . Its very easy to install on your grinder and keep you work area dust free when attached to your shopvac. The shroud is well built and dewalt tough . I use the shroud daily.


Certain content that appears in this website comes from amazon services llc. this content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Engine Market is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment